Learn how to use the gym!
Discover how to use gym equipment and write yourself effective training programs that really work!
Learn the fundamentals of gym training and gain confidence in the gym!
If you can’t see a signup form directly below, try Extensions -> Tracking Blocker -> disable
*Very Limited spots available for these sessions.*
Do you feel CONFUSED about gym training?
How To Get Confident In The Gym,
Making Rookie Mistakes!
I’ve spoken to a lot of people, and what I’ve heard so many times is that it can be intimidating starting in the gym.
We want to hold your hand through the process and teach you how to use everything!
We know that getting started can be hard and actually downright terrifying.
We are seeking people who don’t feel confident, those with self esteem challenges or who have never actually done exercise in their life (or don’t remember how).
We are running a beginners FUNdamentals course with 12 modules to help you learn (or re-learn) how to do fundamental exercises, to improve your confidence and begin your fitness journey.
The good part – we can help you!
Here’s how it works:
- Initial 1:1 session with our trainer Danielle to familiarise yourself with the environment and help her get to know you!
- Small group sessions only
- Bring a friend to your 1:1 session for moral support if you like
- Friendly direction at all times
- We track nothing except improvement in your knowledge
- No judgement!
- Useful exercises only, broken down and step by step so you get instruction, NOT boot camp style training
- Learn LOTS about your body along the way
- Sessions performed at quiet times in a private room with some lessons done as necessary in the main gym
- Detailed handouts for you to take away and keep learning from!
This is NOT…
→ A weight loss program
→ A boot camp
→ An ego trip
We know that anxiety can be a HUGE barrier to getting started on a fitness journey and we want to reach out to our community, hold your hand and help you get started on the best journey of your life!
By the end of these sessions, we are confident that you will know far more about training than the majority of gym users!
Get ready to feel…
- Confident – no gym fails!
- Happy – exercise makes you feel great!
- Supported – in a friendly environment!
- In control – you will know what you need to do to get the results that you want!
Join us TODAY to take us up on the program and you will be welcome to bring a friend with you to your first training session!
At BodySmith Fitness, we’re running the PERFECT program for you.
A Personal Trainer’s Role is Varied.
A lot of people get anxious just hearing the words “personal trainer” and they imagine Jillian Michaels from The Biggest Loser yelling at a client to do one more pushup or they may as well walk away.
In real life, only bad personal trainers will do that, or only specifically at the instruction of the client – or in the military!
Personal trainers are an educator, an instructor, a mentor and a partner in your workouts. For the vast majority of people, their job is to EDUCATE.
A Good PT Works With You
The human body is complex and variable, and injuries, weakness or stiffness in different body areas can make an exercise challenging for one person, while it may be easy for others.
A good personal trainer recognises this and seeks the cause of the problem. If possible, they fix the problem, or if necessary they alter the exercise and may refer you to an expert to address the problem.
Not only can we adjust the exercises you do but we can tell you why, so you can make the same adjustments for yourself!
Learn the Hows and the Whys
- How do you use the equipment?
- Why do you choose one piece of equipment over another?
- Which exercises are similar and what are the small differences between them?
- Which muscles are being worked out by this exercise?
- How do I stretch this muscle?
- How do people write programs for themself?
- Which exercise comes first?
- How many reps and sets are best?
Gym training is full of questions and can be a complete mystery to the inexperienced person. We get questions like this all the time. This program is your opportunity to gain an understanding of how your body works and how different pieces of equipment work so you can set appropriate goals for yourself and start working towards achieving them, without ever feeling like you don’t know what you’re doing.
Does it Replace Personal Training?
That really depends on what you would use a personal trainer for.
Many people seek a personal trainer to help them learn the very things we are going to teach you in this course, however they often find that having the knowledge alone isn’t enough to make them train regularly, continue to write their own programs and train at their peak.
Indeed, that is why many personal trainers still get their own personal trainer – because they can still learn new things and be motivated by having an appointment to get their own training done.
They don’t have to think about planning their own program, how they will reach their own goals or where they can get a spot to do those heavy weights.
Additionally, it’s often nice to train with someone else, and you can still utilise the knowledge from this course during your training with a personal trainer, but it will mean less form correction is needed and you will get more from your sessions as you will understand why you’re doing the exercises and how to do them best.
This is a 12 module program, and you will learn everything you need to kick butt in the gym!
You will learn about:
- Muscle Training Theory
- The Core
- Posture, Lats and Core
- Squats and Lunges
- Pin-Loaded Machines
- Free Weights
- Dead Lifts
- Kettlebells, Plyometrics and Bodyweight Exercises
- Bands, TRX, Fitballs and Cables
- Writing Your Own Program
By the end of this, you will be able to write your own programs that will get you great results and avoid the pitfalls of injury caused by poor technique!